Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So long 30's...Hellooooo 40's!!


I posted this pic on facebook and a dear friend asked if I was a beautiful magnolia or a majestic oak. I thought about that and laughed.  I think more like the cyprus trees back home with their knotty  trunks (reminds me of the veins in my legs. ha!)

 I spent alot of my thirty's as a "weeping willow'...this decade brought many tearful memories and milestones. I lost my brother, Greg, who sadly never got to experience turning 40. I miss him.  The Lord moved us on from a ministry we had been a part of for 7 years. Watched two of my girls graduate from high school. Had to watch one fly away from my nest as she walked down the aisle and marry the man of her dreams.  I wept with joy as I was privileged to be in the delivery room when my first grand baby entered the room and then wept some more when her sister made her debut....

Yep. I definitely was a weeping willow.  I know this decade will have just as many milestones, surprises and even tragedies.  That is what life is all about.  Whatever kind of tree I am,whether its a beautiful southern magnolia or a solid majestic oak, I know one thing...I want to be the kind whose roots are anchored deep in the Lord. So whatever He has designed for my 40's, I will stand tall. ..Maybe lose a few leaves and limbs through the storms but still standing with the Him when the winds of life subside.... and still bearing fruit in my "old age".
"...his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall proper. "  psalm 1:2-3
 

4 comments:

  1. Woman! You cannot be 40 and have grandchildren! You look simply AMAZING! I hope i look half as hot as you when I'm 40!
    xx Stacey (your instagraming friend :: mrsclarkjnr!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! Lady you are one hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stephanie, i so admire you. your forties will be amazing! xo
    love you so xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come across your blog through Instagram and this post is wonderful!! Such great thoughts for us all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...