Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 1, 2015

31 Days of Hanging with Honey

Hey y'all. How are you? I've been missing this little corner of the internets I call home. I've had so much to share here and just haven't had the time.  Well, I still don't have the time. But I'm making the time.

For the past three years, I've been intrigued by The Nesters 31 Day Writing Challenge.  In case you've never heard of it, it's this awesome challenge where you choose a topic and commit to write about it for 31 days during the month of October.  Actual books have been birthed during the 31 Day Challenge.  It's crazy amazing and slightly intense.

We are always so busy in October...we usually take a trip to visit the grand kids and Nick usually has a revival or two to preach.  Plus the Lord has had me wide open the past couple of years.  So I've always opted out of actually committing to participate and only watched from afar.

But this year I'm going for it.  I'm taking the plunge and accepting the challenge.

And of course I waited til the night before the kick-off to settle on my topic.  I mean, some of these ladies are hard core.  They have been writing blog posts for weeks preparing for this.  They have them scheduled to post automatically and have awesome graphics and incredible link up buttons.  (yeah...I had to make a blog linky button. Hashtag stressful)  In true Stephanie fashion, I've procrastinated to do all of this but I'm totally taking it all in stride.    I just want this to be a tool... a shot in my arm to get me back in my groove of blogging.  I'm praying I will rediscover the passion I had for it before Instagram made me lazy.

SO. What's my topic?  Wait for it... It's really deep.




The Lord has had me going all over the place this year.  He has opened doors that I never could have dreamed of and as had me traveling and meeting new people and doing new stuff that I never thought possible.  I mean, I went from having never flown on an airplane anywhere before this February to flying so many times that I've lost count! And even though I share so much of my life on Instagram, I have wanted to sit down and share some of the behind the scenes...the back stories.. of all the little filtered snippets of my life.

So if you want to hang around here with me for the next 31 days I'll be sharing all my adventures... from travel tips and restaurant reviews and cool places and shops we found while in Savannah and Florida and CHINA, to lessons in grace as the Lord continues to grow me, to funny family stories, to sharing grandparent ideas, to marriage stuff,  to amazing ladies I have met who have inspired me to want more of Jesus.....you get the idea.  Pretty much a big scoop of all the random goodness that He has plopped on my plate in the past 7 months.

In our time together each day, I hope you feel like you're sitting down next to me on the couch and were enjoying a cup of coffee together as we giggle a little and cry a little and discuss incredibly important things like the latest episode of Dancing With the Stars that my momma has totally gotten me hooked on.  PLEASE tell me you're rooting for Bindi.  I mean. I want to bottle her up and drink her every morning.  She's so stinking precious!

But most of all, I hope you leave here encouraged and ready to soak up every last drop of the life you've been given...or as my sister friend Sheila likes to say...our only one life.   Because Jesus is good y'all. In the midst of every single season He is good.

Thank you so much for joining me.
I'm honored you're here.


 

ps. For those of you who are new here and are wondering where the name Honey comes in, that is what my grandkids call me.    It makes up for a lifetime of the nick name Sow I've had to endure all these years, compliments of my big brother (but that's another story).

Day 2:  The High Kick
Day 3:  An original Rap by Honey Hizzle and Big P
Day 4 :  In His Eyes
Day  5:  Porterville Night
Day 6:   Finding Balance
Day 7: Our love Story
Day 8:  Kingdom Work
Day 9: The Scenic Route
Day 10:  Twinning with Carolyn
Day 12:   Explorin Eupora
Day 13:  Dogwood Cottage, Bed and Breakfast
Day 14:  Bedazzled No-Carve Pumpkin DIY

10 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! You did it and it looks great. Can't wait to follow for the next month, I know it will be a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited and ready to hang out with you for the next 31 days.....It almost inspires me to do the same...maybe I will just join in for the heck of it! #isaidmaybe

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so on the same page here. I jumped in this morning too, last minute but sometimes last minute ideas are grand. I posted on my blog, but haven't linked to the 31 thing yet, because I'm waiting on my IT department : ) I texted my daughter on the other side of the US of A and begged her to make me a button. hashtag daughters who are crafty- graphic designing- computery pros are the best. I hadn't thought at all about a theme, and felt like that might truly push me over the edge, so I'm linking with Kate who hosts 5-minute Friday too. She's giving us a one word prompt a day for the challenge and I'm rolling with it. I feel like you might relate some to my post today. We have much in common. Grown daughters, cute husbands we adore, and hearts wide open to what's next. I always enjoy reading here...so glad you're posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahooooo! So glad to hang out with you Honey :) I love seeing how the Lord blesses you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thrilled you are doing the 31 Day challenge!! I can't wait to hang out with you. I just discovered you (haha, discovered you ;) :D ) during the Becoming series. I visit your Instagram account but don't have an account of my own. I am happy yours isn't private! :) You're just a breath of fresh air and I am always encouraged when I see you pictures and read your lovely words. How wonderful to see how God is using you to further His kingdom and be an encouragement for us to love Him, love our husbands, families and others!! Can't wait to follow along!! ~Gina <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop! I'm so glad you're doing this, Stephanie. Mainly because I miss your blogging, girl!
    Yes, Bindi all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've followed you on instagram for ages but only now realize that your name isn't actually Honey! Mind blown. ;) I guess I am already learning something! I'm looking forward to reading your series, I love your instagram feed! It's on of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hooray! so happy you will be posting. I love how the Lord uses you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well as you know my heart was broken on December 2nd, 2014. LIFE CHANGED for ever. Losing Dennis has rocked my world. I can't even begin to tell you all the things it has caused and make me think and even in the midst of the horror i have been blessed. I began to write early on and I am continuing to do so. Ive sorta come to a crossroads as to where GOD would have me go with this so i'm hoping that this challenge will be just what the doctor ordered. WHEN do we start and where?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...