Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Recipe {Hershey Bar Cake}

To all my sisters who are participating in the "A little too fluffy" challenge,  I sincerely apologize for this post.  You might not want to read it.  Or look at it.

To everyone else who has requested this recipe, here you go!!
When y'all see how ridiculously easy it is, you're gonna wanna make it on a regular basis.
It delivers a huge wow factor in looks and taste and is super duper easy...
the best combo there is.
I got the recipe from a sweet friend of my mom's, Mrs. Carolyn, but I've tweaked it a little.





                         Hershey Bar Cake 
1 Box Swiss Chocolate or German Chocolate cake mix
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
3 eggs
1½ cups milk
1 cup oil
Mix all ingredients and pour into 3 greased and floured cake pans.
Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes.  (I always check on them around 18 minutes...it could just be my oven but the one up front usually bakes faster.)

Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
*16 oz container of Cool Whip  * I'm not sure of the ounces...I get the largest one..whatever size that is!  Lots of cool whip is what makes it so tall and pretty and yummy!
1 Giant  Hershey Bar - again...I get the biggest one they have! I chop it in my mini food processor. 
1 to 2  cups chopped pecans depending on what you like. - again....we like a lot.
Mix sugars and cream cheese together until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip, chocolate and nuts. Blend well.  This makes a lot so use plenty between layers.
Then put it in the refrigerator to get good and cold before serving.  I try to make mine early in the day or even the day before.


I'm not an icing girl but I can eat my weight in this stuff.
It's light and fluffy and not too incredibly super sweet.  The icing is great on all kinds of stuff.  Or by itself with a big spoon.

And even those weirdos people who are not a big fan of chocolate cake usually still like this one. It's more creamy cool whippy good than it is chocolately good.


Enjoy!  It's a keeper.

Stephanie :)

13 comments:

  1. Yummy. January and February are our months of birthdays. I'm printing this one to try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i looked at it. and now i want it. thanks for the warning anyway. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang, it is a shame that husband of mine doesn't like chocolate. oh wait no it isn't more for me :)

    thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH YUMMY! That looks so good! I've pinned it for future baking needs! YUMMY! Happy 42 to the Hubs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm coming over with milk and a fork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wrong, but so right. Saving this to make when this is all over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what hannah said! ;)
    ***drooling***

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just searched your blog looking for this post! :) I'm making this cake this weekend for a party I'm throwing!!! SUPER excited, looks DELISH!! I just gotta figure out how to get my cakes flat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son's birthday is coming up and I think he will adore this cake. Thank you!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...