Hodge Podge Wednesday is a fun link up that Joyce at From This Side of the Pond had been hosting for some time now. I have seen several of my friends do this over the past few months and it's a fun way to get to know each other better so thought I'd jump in there too. Joyce has been a blessing to me. Every time she comments on a post of mine, she always leaves me with a nugget of wisdom. She has grown kids too....two girls....and it's nice to have someone walking in the same season as you.
Here's to a little hodge podge on this very rainy Wednesday.
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
Well we had our kind of Superbowl party this last Sunday night in our home. One of the men in our church has the privilege of being one of the five Turkey Thugs of Mossy Oak. If you are a hunter or are married to one, then you will understand that this is a big deal. They aired a segment called "Inside the Obsession" Sunday night and the entire show was about Greg. Naturally, I thought we should celebrate this honor so I cooked a big pot of gumbo and invited whoever wanted to watch it with us over to our house after church. We had an awesome time of fellowship. It was such a blessing to hear on national television what we already knew about Greg...how he loves the Lord and lives his life according to the Word, how he is the hardest worker you'll ever come by and that he is a loyal friend. After the show, we all gathered around him and prayed over him, asking the Lord to give him wisdom and that he would always glorify the Lord using this platform He has given him. It was truly a SUPER party.
2. Share something you're a fan of these days?
Oh wow..I'm a fan of lots of stuff...The show "Once Upon a Time"...Oikos Greek yogurt, my husbands gray in his beard, Pintrest's secret boards (finally), that I can reclaim my back porch now that hunting season is coming to an end and my new grand dog Henry. I'm especially a fan of Henry.
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
I'm not a connoisseur of wings...I don't go crazy over them but I do like them with a little kick to them. Nick makes them perfect. My oldest daughter though, Elizabeth, loves her some wings. She ate her fill at my grandson, Nate's,
Entrance Party ...oh wait, I almost forgot.."Warrior Ordination Party".
Of course...I'm kinda partial to these wings too.....
4. As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
Nope. I haven't followed it at all. The only reason I even know what you're talking about is because a friend of mine wrote a blog post about it. Well, about Lance and the subject of forgiveness. Good stuff.
5. What's a question you hate to be asked?
Hmmm...On the top of my head, nothing jumps out at me. I'm kinda a open book these days. When I was a young mom, I always hated when people asked how old I was...I was always feeling as if I had to prove myself as a mom to the world. (silly young me) But I did dread that question....I was 22 with 3 kids, 5 yrs old on down. People would confuse me as their babysitter. Umm...no. And I have the stretch marks to prove it.
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
Well my oldest brother, Marvin, may think he's competitive with me on whose our Mom's favorite. But really, there is no competition at all. Hand's down..it's me. And by the way...He turned 50 on Monday!
7. What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
I am as uncoordinated as they come. I'm the girl who pretended to be sick during P.E. so I could avoid balls all together. But I do have a grandson now who LOVES balls. I played with him when he was here over the holidays...does that count? Wait...don't answer that. It totally counts.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Back to the secret boards on Pintrest....have you used yours yet? Don't you just love them?
When it comes to planning weddings, it is the bomb!! I mean, there are just some ideas you want to keep secret until the big day you know? I have been going to town pinning stuff for Lauren's wedding. When I look at the board, my heart skips a beat at the "vision" we've created. We already had it our heads but being able to see it is getting me pumped up! I'm totally getting excited. Truthfully, it took me a little longer than I expected to get over our last wedding. Whew. But I'm back in the saddle and ready.....if only our bank account matched my excitement level. Gotta take it slow and steady. lol.
Well that was fun! Can't wait to do it again.