Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 19, 2012

This and That

Happy Monday y'all.
I had such a wonderful weekend. I hope y'all did too.
Here's a little smorgasbord of this and that.
Lovely randomness. 

Grown up grilled cheese sandwiches!
Now that I 'm experiencing the empty nest and my girls are home less and less for supper, I have had to change the way I cook.  You see, I used to make menus for the week and have a meat, two vegetables, bread and dessert...every night!  I love to cook and supper time at our house while the girls was growing up was a big deal!  We made it a priority to sit around the table to eat supper together every night.  No eating in front of the TV!  This was our time to gather together and fellowship  just as much as was time to eat supper.  But....that has all changed as has my menus.  Me and Nick sometimes eat scrambled eggs for supper. Or cereal.  OR....these awesome grown up grilled cheese sandwiches.

You can load it down with whatever you want but this is what we put on ours:
 I could eat sauteed bell peppers and onions every day I tell ya!  Seriously.

Two kinds of cheeses, bacon, onions, bell peppers and real butter on a cast iron griddle....uhh, yes please!

 Pure yumminess!
If you want to see where I got my inspiration, you can check out my friend, Mary, {here}. She has a much healthier version but you would never know by the looks of it!! Pure cheesy heaven!  Thanks Mary!


Ladies Luncheons with my daughter!
I was so blessed and tickled that I was able to attend this with Elizabeth at her church.  Living 2 1/2 hours away from each other with both of our husbands being in full time ministry, we rarely get to attend events  like this together.  So I was extremely blessed to spend the afternoon with her as we were refreshed by awesome worship, amazing testimonies, gorgeous decorations, hilarious skits, scrumptious food and door prizes  that we BOTH one!  woo hoo!    This is a tee-ninsy taste of the day.  I had to snap these with my phone.

Over the river and through the woods to the grand kids house we go!
We were just a tad bit excited to see the grand kids.  Nick had not seen them live and in person since Christmas so it was an overdue visit.
 This is a little country store that Paw Paw always stops at on the way to load up a bag of "penny candy" for the grand kids.  It's a tradition they look forward to and ...well expect!  Too bad the candy ain't actually a penny though.....  Their faves are the banana Laffy Taffies :)

Two  Stud Muffins



Spring has Sprung! 
Which means more wagon rides.... 

Dandelion discoveries..


And walks around the neighborhood.


Sweet Treats: Getting taken out to eat by your kids!
Rosalyn wanted to eat at "Paw Paw Nick's".  Which is actually a restaurant named "Jim and Nick's". lol
Rosalyn sat at the head of the table and loved it.
Nate Dog sat all by himself too.
Jules was needing some loving....I didn't mind.
 A perfect night ends with pink balloons....duh!

Living Room Tents!
I happen to think my son in law is one of the most awesome daddies on the planet.  Constructing tents in the living room is a regular occurrence. I'm thankful he decided to make one while we were there.  SO. MUCH. FUN.  Paw Paw had treated the girls to a pink lantern at walmart earlier so they just had to try it out.

This was the first tent....Jules was happy but Daddy wanted bigger!
 So he reconstructed it and ended up with this baby.






I got kissed!
For those who read {this post} and were concerned for my well being, I'm proud to report.... he kissed me!! I got a full love tank! uh huh uh huhhh:)



Hunger Games Fever!
It seems like March 23rd was forever and day from getting here.  Now, it's this Friday!!!  Aghhhhhh! We are so hoping they still have tickets for the Thursday midnight showing.  My procrastination may bite me in the butt this time.
Anyhoo.... these have been FLYING out of the shop as fast as I can restock them!  Yay to that!
And If you haven't ordered yours yet....no worries.  I've got a big shipment that I will be listing this week!  New Quotes too!  And for y'all that aren't into The Hunger Games (gasp!) ...I have a similar design with lines from hymns!  I LOVE them. ...might do a giveaway for those soon!

Ok. Ok. Now that I'm done with my shameless plug, I will get down to business......
The WINNER!!!


I am about to jump on the bandwagon as well. Cant wait to start reading it this weekend.

Woo Hoo!  Congratulations Erin! Looks like the odds were ever in YOUR favor!.. I hope you got some reading in this weekend so you know what I'm talking about! lol.  You will get to pick which quote you like most :)  Woo Hoo to that!

For those of you who didn't win, I'm still offering free shipping on the necklace..
( there goes my second shameless plug for the day!)

Hope y'all have a great Monday!
Are y'all enjoying this insanely gorgeous weather?
I sure hope so.

Stephanie :)

bits of splendor monday Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Erin!
    You'd better get those tickets now. My daughter, mother and I are planning on seeing October Baby this weekend. I've heard so many great things about it from locals who were able to preview it. So a mother, daughter, granddaughter date is on the horizon.

    Ethan recently introduced Nora to living room forts and tents. She loves it. Now her daddy makes them in her house, too. Gotta love daddys who will be creative with the kids.

    Good for you on finally getting that kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! What an awesome weekend! I am always looking for new dinner ideas and grown up grilled cheese looks fabulous!!! They might be makeing a debut out our house soon.

    I love the table settings - so sweet. Time renewing with friends is always so nice - and to top it all off with family time. Awesome, just plain awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the cutest family! DO I say that every time I comment? I LOVE all of the loving going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah! for grown up grilled cheese! and bacon? yes, please!!! :)
    looks like you've been a very busy girl!
    i don't know how you do it all!
    such a beautyFULL post.
    grandbabies, tents, jewelry, spring days, awesome food, family to love, and an awesome GOD! it doesn't get any better than that!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandbabies are they cutest! I'm glad you finally got your kiss and your love tank is filled back up! I'm just loving reading your blog. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. Such great pictures.
    AND how EXCITED am I that I won your giveaway. SOOO EXCITED.

    Thank you sooo much.
    *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  7. so precious! LOVE the tent pictures:)
    glad y'all took care of the love tank issue, too.

    :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. again, just love how you delight in your life; delighting in your girl, in your time together, in your grand-kids, in your s.i.l, in tents, and paw paw kisses!!!!

    you help me to look forward with great expectation.

    i need that encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I did a This And That, but had no idea you had done them, sorry bout that!

    What a packed post, sooo much going on for you all, I love it, what a full life. I know it sounds weird, but I can't wait to be a gramma! My daughter is 17, but she's the only child I have, so I want grandkids even more, I'm not rushing her or anything LOL
    those sandwiches look divine, I am sure that skillet does the trick:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...