Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A new song


Time has a funny way of changing things.
Being the mom of three daughters, I have heard countless discussions of dream weddings.
From the time they were little girls they have planned every detail.
 From their wedding dress,
 To the man they would marry
  Right down to what songs they wanted sung during the ceremony.

Well time has a way of changing dreams.
As does life. 
And growing up.
None of my girls have chosen the big poofy princess wedding gown 
that they dreamed of as a little girl.
They didn't marry Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
And so far, none of them have used this song I'm about to share with you in their wedding.

When Elizabeth was planning her wedding 5 years ago,
her younger sister Lydia had fallen in love with a song called "Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham.
Lydia laid claims on it for her future wedding ....granted, she was only 15 at the time.
I told Lydia her taste would probably change...that she would have a "new song" that would be special to her then in that season when she did get married.
And alas, Elizabeth loved it and wanted it in her wedding that was 
actually gonna happen that year.
But Lydia wasn't budging on her song.  

Anyhoo, I say all that to say this.
It's 5 years later...we are now planning Lydia's wedding.
And yes...she has a "new song"
Time has a way of doing that.
Changing what's important to us...


I'm so glad the Lord is always at work  changing us...
doing something new with us.

"He has put a new song in my mouth-
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear.
And will trust in the Lord."
Psalm 40:3

On the day Lydia becomes a wife, 
I can't wait to hear the song she has chosen that is special to her now.
It will be just as beautiful as the one Elizabeth ended up choosing for her wedding day.
It still gets me tickled that  after all the arguing and calling dibs, neither one of them used this song..
 Because it is quite beautiful.
Turn up your speakers and listen for yourself.


And I never could have imagined in my wildest dreams how special it would be
 to see the next generation of  daughters in my family already dreaming of 
weddings,
and dresses 
and princes.


















"For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love"


13 comments:

  1. A wonderful song. Little girls playing dress up will all too soon be young women acting out the dream. It is bittersweet watching them and pondering their futures. But rewarding to know that God holds their future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful song and your princesses are stunning! Isn't it amazing how we have it all figured out exactly how we want the perfect wedding and then when the time comes, none of what we thought we wanted is what we actually really do want. Living in the NOW is hard to do when you are young and dreaming of your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sweet princesses just take my breat away. And I know how tastes change. I only have one daughter though so no bickering over songs and such except with a cousin who is close in age. ;)

    I know you're enjoying the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your new generation of little princesses are totally adorable :) i love it when we get a new song from Him!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears. Again!
    All I am seeing are my girls, who play dress-ups NOW.
    I can't imagine the day they aren't pretending anymore.
    Aaaah... life is such a vapor! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So SWEET Stephanie!! That song is one of my favorites from Phil Wickham, he is an incredible song writer :) I just love reading about your relationships with your daughters- its so touching and encouraging for me to see that God blesses all of our hard efforts in parenting with our children... You have a beautiful family, I can't imagine what it will feel like to see my daughters come to this time of their lives!
    Blessings xo
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i love that song. love it. don't the lyrics and the music sound like they are sweeping you up into the Divine Romance?!

    i would choose entirely different songs for my wedding now. "be thou my vision" for sure, as a prayer over us. with a medley of praise songs to be sung by all, christians and prechristians worshipping. but one thing i would not change, the benediction song- "these are days" by 10,000 maniacs. michael would still swoop me up and carry me out of the sanctuary to that song.

    enjoy every moment of planning your girls beautiful, set apart (holy) day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet little girls! They are simply adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I have two boys, what would I do with girls! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little princesses are precious! Dress up is so fun and fancy free! We're just now starting to get into it here at the house. Right now, the tiara is the favorite. It goes with everything and everywhere...even to Lowe's and Target :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful song, and beautiful thoughts. My oldest daughter hasn't shown any interest yet in "wedding" talk. Can't wait to see what she comes up with. Have fun with all the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so sweet, stephanie.
    i'm going to be a mess when my kids get married! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...