Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 14, 2011

teachable moments


It really is about the simple things.
Like this moment I captured this week.
Yes, I enjoyed the beach, the pool, the food, my family, 
but this was one of my most favorite moments...

This may look like just an ordinary sandcastle
but a to daddy's heart who is trying to use every possible moment as a way to point his children to Jesus, this is
the city of Jericho.



The entire time he built it, he talked with Rosalyn
telling her all about Joshua and how God had them march around the city wall. She was captivated.





They sang the song "Joshua fought the battle of Jericho, Jericho, Jericho...." as she marched around the "city".  She loved it.







"And the walls came a tumbling down."
Her daddy shared with her how God gave very specific instructions for Joshua to follow and when he did, God won the battle for them.
She got it.



.... And 
the entire time they were teaching and learning and singn,
someone else was listening and soaking it all up too.
Joy.



I'm so thankful for God's grace in my family.
For a son-n-law that leads his family.
And for teachable moments.
What a reminder this week  for me to use every 
opportunity to glorify Jesus.



Stephanie :)
linking up today with my friend Rebecca.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Seriously, what a beautiful moment. I'm so thankful I found you on Simple Things today. Your story was such an encouragement to me today. As a mommy of 4, sometimes I get caught up in everything else and miss those little gold nugget moments that God gives us. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful and thankful to have a husband that wants to lead our family the way he does! He is such a sweet Daddy, and I'm so thankful for what God is doing in His life :) thanks for sharing, Momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love. I have no other words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a tender moment! Thanks for visiting me!

    Kate @ welcomedtempest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...