Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 20, 2011

Countdown to 40!

Yesterday was exactly one week before my birthday.  On Wednesday I will turn 40. I'm actually pretty excited about it.  I'm hoping I have some time this week to share some of my thoughts about that.  For now I just wanted to share how awesome my amazing Momma is and how she made sure she celebrates this milestone with me even though she lives five hours away.


Yesterday I was really pooped and was quite excited about crawling into bed early. ( Early for us is before midnight) Anyhoo, this is what I discovered on my pillow...
(I love that its in her own handwriting)

Her note reads "Lordy Lordy look whose forty is how the jingle goes,
But whatever age, you'll be the rage with these flip flops on your toes!"


Isn't she awesome?! She did this when I turned 30 too but I had totally forgotten about it. My favorite birthday happy from my 30th birthday celebration week was a a sunshine mirror I got on one day and then a moon mirror I got on the next day with a note letting me know that I may have the moon and the sun but that I was her "Star"! I love that and I love her. 

Well, needless to say...as excited as I was before about turning 40, now I'm really excited to see what little sweet thing she has picked out for me each day leading up to the big 4-0!

That was last night. Found this waiting for me this morning in my chair where I drink my coffee.
(obviously she has enlisted some birthday elves to help her since she lives 5 hours away! lol)

Birthday Week Surprise #2:


The note says "Everyone needs a little "bling",
So here's a ring with lots of zing!
Def has ZING! Aint it cu-et?!


Can't wait to see what the rest of the week has in store for me.  Whatever it is, I already love it, because it means my mom was thinking of me. That's the best
 I love you Momma! 

1 comment:

  1. oh my word, how sweet and thoughtful! LOVE her.
    so, your bday is may...25? my baby brother shares that day, so i will remember easily:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...