Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe


Ok...So Nick posted some stuffed peppers on Instagram and FB and bunch of you asked for the recipe.
I told him to tell y'all it was on my blog.  But actually it was on my friend Rachel's blog....from when I did a guest post back in April!  I tell you, my memory is fading fast! 
Anyways, here is the post along with some cute pics of the grand babies and Paw Paw Nick last year in the garden.  Oh how I missed having a garden this year. And I miss these girls even more!  Our next visit can't come fast enough.












We stuffed a bunch of bell peppers last summer.  I tried all kinds of ways.  Even stuffed some and froze them. So I thought I'd share my basic recipe with you.. you can throw a little of this and that into the mix and make it your own.  That's pretty much what I do each time I make some for us.


Make sure you cut off the tops of the  peppers and cut out all the seeds like in the above picture.

 This is the easy version:
1 box of Zatterains dirty rice mix
1 onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
2-3 toes of garlic minced
2-3 pounds of ground meat
1 pound of crawfish tails 
1 can of cream of chicken soup
touch of crab boil
cheese for top
***1 can tomato sauce for the bottom of pan (see note)


** you can make these without crawfish..they are still very tasty...just not AS tasty ;)

I cook the box of  Zatterains dirty rice according to the directions on the box. I add the onions, garlic, bell pepper and crab boil together as I'm browning the ground meat.  I use ground deer meat but you can use beef if you'd like.  After it's ready I add the crawfish tails and cream of chicken soup and stir it all together. Then you stuff the peppers with this yumminess.  I put a little water in the bottom of the pan and you can add tomato sauce too if you want the flavor...not a whole lot of water...you just need some moisture while the peppers bake.  I bake them on 350 for about 25 to45 minutes covered with foils.  You want the peppers to be tender. Remove the foil and sprinkle some cheese on top and let it melt for a few more minutes. 


***These are some I made recently and I changed up the sauce a little.
This time I mixed together some chili sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire and water.
It makes a great sauce to put on top the pepper for a different twist.

Well, there ya go! 
Hope you enjoy 

Stephanie :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. My mamma used to make these. Now my mouth is a waterin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look divine! I am not a fan of stuffed bell peppers, but I might have to give these a try. My mouth is actually watering...pregnancy cravings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, those are some of the sweetest pictures ever!! And those stuffed bell peppers look mouth-watering! I LOVE bell peppers and I actually bought a few on my last shopping trip because I wanted to try a stuffed bell pepper recipe..Sooo I think I'll go with this one! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...